Saturday, March 21, 2009

Using Your Freedom to Serve One Another in Love

So I was going to jump right to what we know as "the fruits of the Spirit," but this passage caught my attention.  I love when God makes things excessively obvious with words like "it is absolutely clear that..." and "use your freedom to..." and "that's how..."  I am a girl who gets excited about a plan of action and that's exactly what this passage does for me.  

I'm reading that if I desire to live the free life and in order to watch that freedom grow, I can serve others out of love, loving them as much as I love myself.  Loving them the way I want to be loved.  That is true freedom... AWESOME.

And the other side of the coin is that there is also a way to lose my freedom... by biting and ravaging my brothers and sisters (the Amplified Bible says "biting and devouring one another in partisan strife").  It seems that the act of picking apart those in the body of Christ is to make a return to the Law of Death... legalism... and takes away our freedom to live out the Law of the Spirit through love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 3