This is the second time I've taken the class and I like it this time around. It's a beautiful process for making disciples that make disciples... While the first time I took the class I was uncomfortable with the idea of being pushed through a "process," it's not the kind of system that assigns a number and drops you when you graduate... It is a way to develop real relationships, Jesus-style. I am so thankful to be under the care of people serious about making disciples and loving people like God does... and I think it's really nifty that I see myself using those principles in more and more relationships as time goes on. You should check out the book!
e.t.a: Here's what I really want to say about the whole discipleship process thing... I came to Hub City Church a broken, scared, skeptical mess. Now, I'm still a mess in some ways LoL BUT my heart has changed over the course of this last year. It's soft and teachable now. I love and trust the people who bothered to love me first, when I was such a mess and rather unlovable. I think it is a miracle that human beings can love like God does. That is the Holy Spirit more than any big loud extravagant wonder-working. That's real life, and I think it's pretty neat. Anyway, enough blabbering... just had to say it...
2) I am getting so excited about the Doula workshop I'll be participating in at the end of August! Allen surprised me by saving up enough for me to take the class. He knew how much it meant to me and is sacrificing the money and a Saturday to help me along in something that is a passion of mine. And the best part is that I get to help one of my best girlfriends Joy in her first pregnancy and birth! Congrats Joy and Jason... you guys will be awesome parents... Jason, no Predator until the kid's at least 3, ok? LoL
3) I've been thinking about something a lot lately. I tend to be a little on the insane side when it comes to how I love people... I wouldn't say I love A LOT of people, but those I call friends, I would die for. And I really like to be loved in the same way. With passion, intensity, fierceness... no holds barred. And the thing I've been thinking about is that, I'm not sure what happened, but I haven't really been loving God wildly lately... Like we have sort of settled into a "roommate" relationship as of late and I don't care much for it. It's totally me. God has been pursuing me... I can feel him kinda following me around waiting for me to ask his opinion, tell him how wonderful he is for the grace he's been showing me, jump into his arms and celebrate the life he has given me. And I don't know what the deal is, but I'm feeling awkward with him and I hate that! It's not that He's not talking to me... It's not that I'm not experiencing his love through tons of situations right now... It's not that I don't think of him... I'm just not adoring him, I'm not regularly worshiping him, I'm not laying other things aside to just be with him without time constraints... I think it's just life and schedule changes and sickness and all the little things that add up to keep us from really investing in our loved ones for a time. I've missed my quiet times in the early morning because I needed the extra rest and kids coming and going have been distracting. I don't have any great solution for myself. I guess I'm just going to start with getting up early in the morning again... Maybe start with the Psalms for right now... I'm open to suggestions!
TTFN!
No comments:
Post a Comment