I am attempting to think "happy thoughts" today. So I thought I'd share with you my favorite book ever. The full title is:
hope for the flowers
a tale--- partly about life
partly about revolution
and lots about hope
for adults and others
(including caterpillars who can read)
by Trina Paulus
I am reading it with the girls this week. I found my first copy at a used book store on the clearance rack for $0.30 many many years ago and fell in love with it instantly. I have given it as gifts, and try to pick up a copy whenever I find one at a good price (not in a freaky OCD kind of way, but just because it is such a fabulous book, I like to share it!) It has meant different things to me at different points in my life, and I have a tendency to get it out when I'm grouchy and it cheers me up! You should check it out sometime!
Here is an excerpt:
The grey-haired caterpillar continued to cover himself with silky threads. As he wove the last bit around his head he called: "You'll be a beautiful butterfly-- we're all waiting for you!"
And Yellow decided to risk for a butterfly.
For courage she hung right beside the other cocoon and began to spin her own.
"Imagine, I didn't even know I could do this. That's some encouragement that I'm on the right track. If I have inside me the stuff to make cocoons-- maybe the stuff of butterflies is there too."
No comments:
Post a Comment