Publix:
Before sales and coupons: $54
My cost: $14.48
Savings: $39.52
Bi-Lo:
Before sales and coupons: $103.85
My cost: $58.93
Savings: $44.92
Ingles: (and this included beer and pizza, so my savings ratio would've been better had I not splurged a bit!)
Before sales and coupons: $47.96
My cost: $35.45
Savings: $12.51
Total:
Before sales and coupons: $205.81
My cost: $108.86
Savings: $96.95
I'd like to add that this is only my second week playing this "coupon game." I've put in probably about 3 hours this last week to prepare and then some time racing around from store to store. I have not tackled the drugstore deals yet... I am a little intimidated by all their different rules and cards and such. But I'll get brave here in the next week or so and jump on that one too and see how much more I can save. It has been exhilarating to fill my cart up (something I haven't been able to do in awhile) and get to the checkout and have money left over. I am actually starting to build a small stockpile of key products, which I have not been able to do in years... I have been so used to shopping week to week for the exact items in the exact quantity that we'll be needing that week... It's strange to know that I have extra olive oil, paper towels, spaghetti sauce and pasta... just sitting there in the cabinet... crazy! This southernsavers.com site (and the time and effort I have put into it) has eased some tension around here lately and I am so so grateful for that. I even had a really nice comment from my husband which included a verse or two from the dreaded Proverbs 31 (you know ladies, the woman we love to hate!). Anyway. I feel good. *SMILE*
Stuff that breaks my heart
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment