I didn't know what to title this... It's sort of a "How I Did This Week" post... but I skipped last week... and just kinda wanted to update how I've been doing in general, rather than bore with the details which are becoming quite commonplace.
The last 2 weeks, I've shopped at a $75 budget. That was a $25 cut from what I was used to shopping with. I had decided ahead of time that my goal is to further drop that amount by $5 each week until I get to a constant $50-$60 per week total spending (that's all grocery and household goods, excluding ink and newspapers just to be clear, though that amount is nominal). So this week was $70. I spent $65 today between BiLo, Ingles and Publix leaving me $5 to hit Walgreens if I need to once I find out what their deals are this week. I am thrilled! I really wasn't sure how well I would do, but with some pretty hefty number crunching, not a little planning and self-control I didn't realize I possessed, I did it! I am excited to see that number drop each week. I was able to give the southernsavers.com site to the lady behind me at the checkout at BiLo today when she had to pick her jaw up off the floor at my totals. And the cashier at Publix kept checking to make sure I really got all the items I handed her coupons for : ) I have always liked shocking people. I don't know what it is about me. I like to see that someone doesn't believe me and then proceed to prove them wrong. Must be the willful smartass part of me. Oh well, at least it's good for something! So anyway, I am right on target for my goals for January, shopping at a constant 80%+ rate of savings over the last 3 weeks. Not bad!
Stuff that breaks my heart
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment