Scripture: Exodus 12:13... When I see the blood I will pass over you--- no disaster will touch you when I strike the land of Egypt.
Observation: What I don't get is... Doesn't God see which houses hold Israelites and which hold Egyptians??? I mean it's not like he doesn't already know... Why all the fanfare? I'm thinking there has always been an element of faith necessary to take hold of God's promises. Perhaps he wanted to save those who believed him and acted on that belief with obedience.
Application: Obedience. Argh. Do it even if you don't "feel" it. I know he has fulfilled promises of intimacy and guidance before when I have believed him and obeyed regarding seeking his will in his word and through prayer and confession. I just have to suck it up and do it again, even though I feel like I'm reading the phone book and talking to a brick wall.
Prayer: I don't even know... Still be there, still take me back when I find you again...?
Stuff that breaks my heart
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment