Monday, January 4, 2010

Those Crazy Coupons!

Those Crazy Coupons!


Hopefully this link will work... It is a pic of my shopping trip at Publix today.  I spent $55 for $220 worth of groceries.  I am even impressed.  I think it's going to be time to take this thing to the next level.  From now on, I believe I am going to attempt to only shop Publix and CVS religiously.  And then hit the other stores only for exceptional deals, things I can get for free or nearly free.  This should move me much much closer to my ultimate goal of $50-$60 per week total spending.  And this is for a family of 6 folks... I am really excited about this.  I wanted to include a list of what exactly I purchased today.  I know I had my doubts about coupons in the past and others have asked questions like, "but do you buy things you don't need/won't use?" and "I bet you're not really getting much since you shop at expensive grocery stores... This list should clear up any confusion regarding if these crazy coupons actually work!  So here's the rundown:


1-Kellog's Pop-Tarts+Fiber
16-Campbell's Select Harvest Soups
2-Old El Paso Hard/Soft Taco Kits
1-Tostitos, family-size Tortilla Chips
9- Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popping Corn (these are the flavored varieties, including caramel, nacho, etc)
11- Fiber One Yogurt, multipack
2-Tam-X-ico Whole Wheat Tortillas
2-Skinny Cow Truffle Bars
4-Betty Crocker Sweet Potatoes and Butter and Herb mashed Potatoes
24- Campbell's tomato and chicken noodle soups
2-Wonka Gummies
1-Scotties Facial Tissues
4-Rubbermaid containers (sandwich size)
1-5lb box clementines
5-Slim Fast 100-calorie snack bars, 6ct boxes
4-Flintstones Gummy Vites


So there you have it!  A very rewarding shopping trip.  I've got to go get 4 jars of salsa from Walmart now at $0.12 each, and on the way back, pick up another free box of Electrasol dishwasher soap...  Now don't be hatin'.  You can do it too.  We've got to be smart and use all our resources in times like these.  I am so thankful for all the wise advice and resources that God has brought my way regarding making wise financial decisions and becoming a good manager of our home.  I have so much to learn, and to see progress like this and what a difference it makes for our family, is so very encouraging!  I hope that if you are new to this type of thing, especially those of you desiring to be worth more at home than you are in the work force, this can be an encouragement to you as well!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 3